Whether you’re envisioning open-air fields of grapevines or the intimate mystique of a wine cellar, there’s something thoroughly romantic about a vineyard wedding. Here’s how to pull one off.
If you thought vineyard weddings were only for Napa natives or destination weddings, think again. From an 80-acre plot in Clermont, Florida, to an 1805 barn establishment in Finesville, New Jersey, to a hillside site in Somerset, Kansas, there’s a winery waiting to host your wedding in every state in the US. Check out this guide to help you plan a stunning celebration among the grapevines.
- Play up the vineyard’s grapes and vines by choosing a stationery suite complete with purple and white save-the-dates, invitations, and thank-you notes. Purchase a purple wax seal and add the vineyard’s official stamp to each envelope.
- For a Tuscan-inspired event, opt for rich browns and gold print for a rustic look. Include a subtle wine motif by incorporating an embossed grapevine or wine glasses at the bottom of your stationery.
- Wow guests by sending personalized wine bottles with customized labels. Put a rolled-up scroll inside an empty bottle, seal it with the vineyard’s specialty cork, and place it in a padded or hay-stuffed wooden box.
- Vineyard Elegance: A natural choice, the wine country theme is easy to pull off with a buttery yellow and plum color palette. Wine corks with escort card inserts can lead guests to tables named after your favorite bottles of wine. Purple table linens topped with rattan chargers and khaki napkins contrast well with overflowing vases filled with a mix of grapes and plum flowers.
- Cellar Celebration: A blend of rich chocolate brown and bright orange would look great for a reception in a wine cellar. Top brown or burlap linens with weaved baskets overflowing with orange and golden flowers, sprigs of wheat, and fresh gourds. Don’t forget to set up candles around the room for a romantic glow.
- Tuscan Villa: Evoke the Italian hillside with gorgeous gold, mauve, and green linens accented with gilded chargers and gold-flecked glassware. For the centerpieces, consider potted topiaries or mixing flowers in terra cotta pots surrounded by Spanish moss. Hang vintage lanterns with slow-burning candles from the cellar’s exposed ceiling beams.
- For a signature cocktail, serve Bellinis garnished with fresh peach chunks, or opt for rich and refreshing red wine sangria.
- Nothing goes better with wine than cheese. Ask your caterer to set up a station with big blocks of different kinds of cheese. Don’t forget signage to explain where each cheese is produced.
- When it comes to a seated meal, a wine-pairing feast is a must for a vineyard wedding. Your caterer can help you select the best wines to complement each course.
- Add some Italian flair with a fluffy Florentine sponge cake topped with a refreshing orange or lemon sorbet.
- Ask your cake baker to paint a grapevine motif on your cake’s tiers and top it with small bundles of gum paste grapes.
- Indulge in a four-tiered chocolate Zinfandel cake with strawberry filling covered in layers of rich chocolate fondant and fresh strawberries.
- Thank guests with sterling silver wine stoppers.
- Attach personalized thank-you tags to bottles of fresh olive oil.
- Offer mini bottles of wine from the vineyard’s stock.